Thank you for your interest in a career at Desert Academy, an authorized college preparatory International Baccalaureate World School, grades 6 – 12.
Head Coach – Varsity Girls Volleyball
Desert Academy – Santa Fe, New Mexico
Desert Academy is a community founded on inclusivity, teamwork and excellence. We are looking for an energetic, fun, experienced Varsity Girls Volleyball Coach to join our athletic department in August of 2018.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adheres to the mission of Desert Academy
- Follows and maintains knowledge of all NMAA and school policy(ies) and procedures
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team
achievement in the sport
- Enforces discipline policies and emphasizes sportsmanship and healthy lifestyles
- Maintains clear communication with parents, athletes and the athletic director.
- Plans and sets-up activities, practices and games
- Maintains a safe environment and facilities for student athletes at all times
- Develops appropriate training programs and practice schedules
- Supervises students at home and away games and ensures appropriate behavior
- Travels with student athletes on the team bus both to and from games
- Arranges transportation for athletic participants with support from athletic director and transportation manager
- Ensures proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms
- Keeps an updated inventory of all sport specific athletic equipment
- Makes recommendations regarding the purchase of uniforms, equipment and supplies
- Works with the athletic director in preparing practice and game schedules
- Maintains necessary records and completes required paperwork in a specified time and manner
- Ensures that proper form(s) (insurance, attendance, medical) are obtained and current
- Ensures that all student athletes are academically eligible
- Ensures that appropriate rules and regulations regarding the conduct of athletic activities and athletes are followed
- Ensures adherence to all medical and safety requirements.
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents and officials and resolves conflict in a professional manner
- Appropriately maintains and secures confidential records and inquiries
- Professionally represents the school in interactions with parents, community, staff and students
- Maintains appropriate certifications and training hours as required
- Attends work regularly and is punctual
Compensation for this position will be a stipend. Compensation depends on experience. Interviews are being conducted now. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Desert Academy Athletic Director Phil Lucero at 505-469-0269 or email@example.com.