Thank you for your interest in a career at Desert Academy, an authorized college preparatory International Baccalaureate World School, grades 6 – 12.
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions. See details below:
ABOUT DESERT ACADEMY
Desert Academy is an International Baccalaureate World School whose mission is to inspire and prepare each student to achieve personal and academic excellence. The exciting backdrop of Santa Fe adds to the dynamic academic environment created by the professional faculty and staff, engaged and enthusiastic students, and an involved parent body. Desert Academy is proud to employ teachers and staff who share our values, support our vision, and help us achieve the mission of our school. Our faculty and staff fully support the ethos and educational approach, both in theory and in action.
Desert Academy’s recruitment process is rigorous and ensures that new hires are the best match for our school and community. We seek teachers and staff from diverse backgrounds who continually expand their subject knowledge and technology prowess, integrate new ways of teaching, and share their love of learning. We seek employees who are willing to participate in extracurricular activities, ongoing collaboration, curriculum planning within and across subject disciplines, and professional development. Candidates experienced in collaborative planning, measuring student learning against set criteria, and the International Baccalaureate system are valued. Teachers and staff must be fully competent in their field, with a minimum of an undergraduate degree in the teaching subject, and a commitment to meet the requirements of the International Baccalaureate.
To apply, please submit the following documents to Karen Schwoerer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Resume with end/beginning years
- 3 references with e-mail addresses and phone numbers
Director of Admissions
Role Summary: full-time Admissions Director for International Baccalaureate school.
In conjunction with the administrative and development staff, the Admissions Director
leads, manages, and evaluates the student enrollment process – from inquiry through
admissions to enrollment. Along with process management, the position provides
creative oversight, in keeping with the school’s mission, to draw, enroll and retain
students. This individual must possess a thorough understanding of the Desert
Academy and the International Baccalaureate Program.
- Set enrollment goals in conjunction with Head of School during weekly meetings and develop and implement strategies to meet these goals
- Manage all areas of enrollment, including recruitment, statistical reports, maintaining files, following up with prospective families, etc.
- Remain contact person for parents throughout the inquiry and admissions process
- Coordinate financial aid, advisement and initial registration of incoming students
- Coordinate annual re-enrollment process for returning families, including family notification and follow-through
- Maintain updated data on probability and attrition
- Meet with the Financial Aid Committee to determine space availability and manage enrollment budget
- Develop and implement student shadow program
- Develop and implement an effective student ambassador program
- Guide families through the application process
- Review and screen applications, gathering needed information from parents, counselors, and specialists; submit completed applications to Admissions Committee
- Conduct preliminary interviews to screen applicants for appropriate school fit
- Send notification of acceptance status and draft enrollment contracts
- Coordinate all placement testing
- Work with members of the administration and faculty to organize retention efforts at the key grade levels.
- Coordinate outreach and marketing activities in conjunction with the Marketing and Development Committee
- Maintain supplies of enrollment materials
- Maintain updated school profile on the Desert Academy website and other school listing sites
- Manage and participate in recruitment and admissions activities such as: attending RGS
- Options Night and fundraisers at “feeder schools”, organizing annual Open House and other outreach events, attending a variety of school events
- Create informative spreadsheet about incoming students to present to faculty
- Support the collegial workings of the administration and the school as a whole
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking, and managerial skills
- Ability to formulate and articulate policies, procedures, expectations, and practices
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, mathematical/statistical, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to use technology effectively and appropriately, including database
- Strong working knowledge of current educational practices and methods, including knowledge of other private schools in Santa Fe
- Ability to speak effectively about the IB program and the unique culture of Desert Academy
Typical reporting relationship
- Head of School
We reserve the right to end the search at any time during the process or if a suitable candidate is found.
Coaching (various positions)
- Middle school Volleyball
- Assistant Boys Basketball
- Varsity Swimming