The study of additional languages at Desert Academy provides students with opportunities for:
- Communication through understanding and using language in different contexts and for a variety of purposes;
- Intercultural understanding by cultivating an appreciation of the different perspectives of people from other cultures through exploration and social interaction;
- Connections through gaining awareness of the role of language in relation to other areas of knowledge;
- Development by establishing a basis for further study, work and leisure;
- Enjoyment in experiencing the intellectual stimulation, creativity and joy of self-expression and self-discovery through language and culture!